THREE DAY AFRICAN ENDURO
Dates: 22 – 24 March 2019
Kingdom Enduro is a 3-day enduro stage race through the Kingdom of Lesotho. An independent country, located in the middle of South Africa consisting of nothing but mountains. Countless paths carved by the Basotho people and their animals have created a sheer endless network of trails. We have chosen some of the best and invite you to experience Africa’s most badass enduro event.
The basecamp of Kingdom Enduro is Roma Trading Post Lodge, located in a beautiful sandstone valley and looking at 3000m peaks close by. We have dubbed this playground the #romarena due to it’s rich network of trails, for you to play and warm up on. This will be our base camp for the following days. There are a few beds available for early bookers (first paid, first serve), once they are full, we have tents & mattresses setup in our lush gardens.
Roma Trading Post Lodge
The exact routes and race area will be announced closer to the race. Route director Réné Damseaux & his trail building team have prepared some amazing routes over the past months. There will be 3 to 5 stages per day, ranging from 3 – 16min. Riders are welcome to arrive early and play in the famous #romarena Lesotho’s terrain is rocky, steep, loose and very technical in places. To master the trails riders require good fitness and solid technical skills.
Note on Protection
The trails and terrain are rocky, loose, technical and steep, this being coupled with being in a highly remote area make protection highly recommended.
Knee guards, elbow guards and Full face helmets are highly recommended but not obligated.
HOW TO GET TO LESOTHO
Lesotho is very easily accessible via its only neighbour (South Africa). You can:
- Fly to Johannesburg (South Africa) and rent a car (6h drive to base camp)
- Fly straight to Lesotho’s capital city Maseru (only possible via Johannesburg) and we will pick you up from the airport.
- Arrive by car from South Africa and use one of the many border posts.
Cost, T’s & C’s
R7500 until 1 May 2018 Thereafter R8500
We have 40 beds in the lodge, they will be allocated according to first-enter first-paid basis
R5500 until 1 May 2018 thereafter R6500
Tent with mattress (supplied put up by us), you need to bring your own bedding/pillow/sleeping bag
Self Camping: (You get an empty campsite + meals + event)
R4000 until 1 May 2018 thereafter R4500
- Limited to 100 riders
- A full itinerary will be emailed out before 15th February 2018
- Travel Insurance is a must for all participants (international and local)
- Registration is transferable but not refundable
- Full payment is due 48hrs after registration
WHAT YOU GET WITH YOUR ENTRY PACKAGE:
- 4 nights accommodation, 3x meals a day (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- A professional timing crew to ensure you don’t lose those valuable seconds.
- The GPS route (liaisons) and Marked Stages.
- Safety vehicles including 4×4 medical support.
- A daily route briefing with pictures from the days riding.
- Professional photographers and film crew will be there to capture the moments. Various formats of the media crews work will be available to you after the race.
- An experience of a lifetime riding through villages (eagerly awaiting your arrival) Crazy rock formations, knarly rock gardens and goat paths under the watchful eye of the Maluti Mountains.
- Transfers to/from Maseru International Airport (MSU) to Roma Trading Post Lodge
NOT INCLUDED AND TO BE PAID IN CASH AT REGISTRATION AND/OR BEFORE/DURING THE RACE:
- Airport transfers to/from, Johannesburg O.R. Tambo (JNB) or Bloemfontein (BFN)
- Transfers to/from the start of the event at Roma Trading Post Lodge for riders without their own vehicle
- Mechanical support packages
- Additional drinks at the race villages
- Alcoholic beverages at the race villages